Building on the company’s more than 50 years of phono cartridge design expertise, the new VM95 Series offers vinyl enthusiasts an affordable way to enjoy high-quality record playback.
In addition, the new series also includes the AT-VM95E, the next-generation of Audio-Technica’s AT95E cartridge that has been acclaimed by reviewers and listeners worldwide as the finest entry-level phono cartridge ever produced.
The six VM95 Series models all feature Audio-Technica’s patented Dual Magnet design, which duplicates the “V”-shaped arrangement of the magnets in the cutter head and precisely positions the magnets to match the positions of the left and right channels in the groove walls. The Dual Magnet construction provides superior channel separation, stereo imaging, frequency response and tracking of the record groove.
All models have removable styli and the same body design, enabling vinyl enthusiasts to interchange and upgrade any VM95 cartridge with any VM95 stylus type. The cartridges are designed for easy installation, thanks to threaded inserts in the cartridge bodies that allow them to be mounted to a tonearm using just two screws.
Models in the new VM95 Series include the following:
AT-VM95C with conical stylus
The series’ entry model features a 0.6 mil conical stylus and improves on the sonic performance of its predecessors, the AT91 and AT91R, thanks to a new aluminium cantilever and a new coil design offering an increased 4 mV output voltage.
AT-VM95E with elliptical stylus (Also available mounted on headshell – AT-VM95E/H)
Successor to the legendary AT95E cartridge, the AT-VM95E offers a higher 4 mV output level and improved dynamic range, frequency response and transient response. The aluminium cantilever and 0.3 x 0.7 mil bonded elliptical stylus further contribute to the cartridge’s sonic refinement.
AT-VM95EN with nude elliptical stylus
The AT-VM95EN is furnished with a 0.3 x 0.7 mil nude elliptical stylus mounted to an aluminium cantilever for enhanced sound reproduction and resolution of fine musical detail.
AT-VM95ML with line contact MicroLinear stylus
The AT-VM95ML features a MicroLinear diamond stylus and aluminium cantilever for even greater fidelity and musical accuracy.
AT-VM95SH with line contact Shibata stylus
The top of the line VM95 Series model comes with a line contact Shibata diamond stylus and aluminium cantilever, to take VM95 Series cartridge performance to the highest level of musical realism, resolution, imaging and dynamic impact.
AT-VM95SP for 78 RPM records (Only available mounted on headshell – AT-VM95SP/H)
The AT-VM95SP has a 3 mil conical stylus and aluminium cantilever optimised for 78 RPM disc playback.
VM95 Replacement Styli
AT-VM9E Series compatibility with the AT-XP Series DJ Cartridges
- The electromagnetic engine-body of XP-Series, is fully compatible with all replacement styli of VM95 Series and will deliver more output voltage than VM95 Series cartridge. So providing improved compatibility with phono inputs of Professional DJ Mixers.
- VM95 Series electromagnetic engine-body is also compatible with the three replacement styli of the DJ cartridge AT-XP Series, nevertheless, the electromagnetic engine-body of XP-Series, will deliver more output voltage than VM95 Series cartridge in order to provide better compatibility with phono inputs of Professional DJ Mixers.
- Note that typical tracking force when using XP Series styli is three grams as opposed to two grams for VM95 Series styli.
- The suspension design and compliance of XP-Series styli have been optimized for intensive DJ’ing, including possible manual cueing and back-cueing.
- The VM95 Series suspension design and compliances of VM95 Series have been designed for optimum audiophile reproduction.