The DSR series aims to redefine the benchmark of wireless listening, establishing a level of sound purity that has until now, not been experienced in the wireless realm.
The flagship ATH-DSR9BT & ATH-DSR7BT wireless headphones are the first to employ Audio-Technica’s Pure Digital Drive™ system that delivers a pure digital signal from music source to headphone driver. Traditional Bluetooth headphones can typically suffer from sound degradation arising from the D-to-A (Digital-to-Analogue) standard conversion process and signal amplification. Audio-Technica’s Pure Digital Drive™ system mirrors the exact shape of the original digital signal to avoid any information loss that could result from an analogue-shaped form, helping to reproduce a sound with the same audio clarity of the original signal. Achieving a fully digital high-resolution audio transmission up to 96kHz/24-bit, both models can also be connected to a computer via USB connection.
A higher standard for wireless audio
– Pure Digital Drive™ system delivers a pure loss-free digital signal from the music source to headphone driver. Unlike traditional Bluetooth headphones, it delivers a signal that exactly mirrors the original digital signal, incurring no information loss.
– Amplitude of the driver’s motion and resulting volume is finely controlled without the need for amplification.
– 45 mm ‘True Motion’ Drivers
• High-purity, four-core twisted OFC-7N voice coil for accurate audio reproduction and precision control. Short and lightweight this allows for a wider dynamic range, whilst not decreasing drive power (ATH-DSR9BT)
• Features a bobbin-wound voice coil provide rich, detailed audio reproduction (ATH-DSR7BT)
• High-performance magnetic circuits feature an integrated pure iron yoke for maximum drive power
• Dual acoustic resistors positioned to optimise both low and high-frequency responses
• Top mounted PCB reduces sound distortion
– Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) diaphragm coating (ATH-DSR9BT only)
• Higher rigidity allows for more precise movement of the diaphragm and results in improved high-range frequencies. This reduces the possibility of distortion.
• Lightweight to reproduce a higher level of sound detail
High-Definition Bluetooth compatible for better-than-CD quality
– For a higher resolution wireless transmission up to 24-bit/48kHz, both ATH-DSR9BT & ATH-DSR7BT headphones support Qualcomm’s aptX HD, as well as aptX, AAC and SBC codecs
– High-Resolution audio compatible with wired USB connection (up to 24-bit/96kHz)
– Supports Bluetooth 4.2 version, remembering the last eight devices
No 3.5mm jack
– Audio-Technica have designed the DSR headphone series from the ground-up – achieving a full digital sound solution from music source to headphone driver and creating a new quality standard for wireless headphones; with an optional wired USB connection to reproduce High-Resolution Audio. As a result, neither DSR headphone includes a 3.5mm jack.
– Luxury memory foam on earpads and headband
– limits pressure allowing for longer listening and improved isolation
– Even weight dispersion across the head for secure fit
Improved listener usability
– Touch control and volume switch located on the earcup for managing music playback and calls
– NFC for one-touch pairing with NFC-enabled devices
– LED indicators on the earcup show the connected codec in use, charging status, and remaining battery life
Up to 15 Hours battery life
– Enjoy up to 15 hours continuous use (1000 hours on standby) on a single charge – that’s more than a flight to our native country of Japan or approximately two average working days of music.
Hard storage case
– Safely store-away and travel with the DSR9BT in a cushion hard-case.
What is Pure Digital Drive™?
Traditional Bluetooth headphones: The Problem
Wireless sound signal is transmitted in a digital format. Once received by the headphone the signal is converted from D (digital) to A (analogue) and then amplified before the music is played. This results in a loss of audio resolution as well as inefficient power consumption.
Pure Digital Drive™ headphones: The Solution
Unlike conventional methods, the audio signal remains digital from music source to headphone driver without the need for a digital-to-analogue conversion resulting in unprecedented wireless audio reproduction.
Utilising Trigence Semiconductor’s Dnote chipset, binary digital audio signals (0s and 1s) are received directly from the headphone’s wireless receiver, processed and then transferred onto the individual wires of the four-core voice coil’s driver (ATH-DSR9BT) or single core voice coil driver (ATH-DSR7BT).
Dnote replaces a traditional DAC and amplifier, employing proprietary technology to finely control the amplitude of the driver motion and resulting volume without the need for amplification.
The digital pulses move the voice coil and diaphragm forward and backward, transforming the electrical signals to mechanical motion, to create the sound waves heard by the listener.
The result is a pure digital signal from the Bluetooth devices directly to the headphone driver.