No wires, no loss. Redefining wireless audio, the Pure Digital Drive™ system reproduces the true sound quality of the music, delivering the original digital signal from source to driver without the need for D/A conversion that typically degrades sound quality.
When it comes to wireless headphones, there’s the misconception that you have to sacrifice audio quality – Audio-Technica aims to make this idea extinct. Bluetooth wireless technology has become more efficient with advancements in technology offering better transfer speed and range. Combining Bluetooth wireless technology, Near Field Communication, and Trigence Semiconductor’s Dnote chipset, the ATH-DSR7BT deliver exceptionally pure sound with no compromise on quality or performance.
So how does it all work? By utilising Trigence Semiconductor’s Dnote chipset, the ATH-DSR7BT headphones are capable of receiving a Bluetooth wireless transmission, processing the digital audio signal and transferring it to the drivers where the digital pulses of the chipset move the voice coil and diaphragm forward and backward to create the sound waves heard by the listener. The Pure Digital Drive™ system likewise depends on re-engineered 45mm True Motion Drivers, which feature specially designed diaphragms and lightweight, bobbin-wound voice coils to deliver incredibly nuanced, high-resolution sound reproduction.
The ATH-DSR7BT is equipped with a microphone, volume control and simple tap control for answering/ending calls and playing/pausing music on a smartphone or other device.
- Exclusive Pure Digital Drive™ system keeps audio signal completely digital from source to driver for exceptionally pure sound
- Dnote chipset controls driver amplitude directly with digital signals – no D/A converter required
- Compatible with Qualcomm aptX HD, aptX, AAC and SBC codecs, enabling wireless transmission with a resolution up to 24-bit/48kHz
- Exclusive 45 mm True Motion Drivers provide rich, detailed audio reproduction
- Mic and volume/control switch are built into the earcup for convenient
- Touch pairing with NFC-compatible Bluetooth wireless technology devices
- Remembers the last 8 Bluetooth wireless devices paired
- Ultra-comfortable, soft, memory foam earpads and headband
- Internal battery provides 15 hours of continuous use and 1000 hours on standby
- Includes a 2m USB cable, for charging and Hi-Res Audio playback, and a carrying pouch
The ATH-DSR7BT ($599RRP) will be available in Late April.