With the groundbreaking AT4080, Audio-Technica achieves the coveted ribbon microphone sound while solving the problems of fragility and low output that have historically plagued ribbon mics. Delivering the warm, smooth sound of a classic ribbon microphone, Audio-Technica’s handcrafted AT4080 Active Ribbon Microphone offers a robust build for long-lasting, reliable performance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers. Equally at home in recording studios and live-sound settings, the microphone features Audio-Technica’s innovative MicroLinear™ ribbon imprint, which protects the dual ribbons from lateral flexing and distortion. With 18 patents pending, Audio-Technica’s innovative ribbon transducer advances the evolution of ribbon microphone design. Experience the difference.
- Element: Ribbon
- Polar Pattern: Figure-of-eight
- Frequency Response: 20-18,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: –39 dB (11.2 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 100 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 150 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Noise: 22 dB SPL
- Dynamic Range(typical): 128 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-noise Ratio: 72 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 48V DC, 3.0 mA typical
- Weight: 474 g
- Dimensions: 177.5 mm (6.99") long, 53.4 mm (2.10") maximum body diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories Furnished: AT8449/SV shock mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; microphone dust cover; protective carrying case
- Audio-Technica Case Style: R1