A price/performance leader, the MB 4k cardioid condenser microphone is the Midnight Blues Series’ introductory studio-quality microphone. With a condenser design for studio vocal and instrument applications, the microphone features: battery/phantom operation; rugged all-metal construction; soft-touch finish; extended response for smooth, natural sonic characteristics; corrosion-resistant contacts from gold-plated XLRM-type connector; on/off switch.
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 80-20,000 Hz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: Phantom: -46 dB (5.0 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa Battery: -48 dB (3.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: Phantom: 200 ohms Battery: 250 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: Phantom: 137 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D. Battery: 125 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range(typical): Phantom: 113 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL Battery: 101 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-noise Ratio: 70 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- Weight: 182 g
- Dimensions: 8.10" (205.7 mm) long, 1.64" (41.7 mm) head diameter
- Switches: On/off
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin gold-plated XLRM-type
- Accessories Furnished: AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; battery; soft protective pouch
- Audio-Technica Case Style: S8