Contest Eligibility & Exclusions
Eligibility There are no restrictions on age or style. You must be a resident of Australia. Exclusions The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Employees of sponsors and media supporters and each of their affiliated companies, parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees and their immediate families or family members are not eligible to participate in this contest. Any person employed at any time from March 1, 2015 through the conclusion of the Contest will be considered an “Employee.” Contest Entry Entry Period The contest entry period is July 15 2015 to August 30 2015 Entry Submission Entry forms must be submitted by the entrants themselves, unless the entrant is a minor in which case a parent or guardian may submit the entry. Click HERE for the entry submission form. Entry Requirements Contest entry is considered incomplete until the following items have been submitted:
- Your full name and valid contact information, as per the audio-technica.com.au/atmdrumpack form.
- Link to entry video hosted on YouTube, Vimeo, or other related site.
- Like the www.facebook.com/audiotechnicaAU page
- Consent/release of content, your likeness etc. for promotional uses.
- Consent of a parent or legal guardian (if under 13 years old).
- Entry videos should be about 1 minute, ideally. If longer, only the first 3 minutes will be evaluated by the judges.
- You may play along to recorded tracks, perform with a band, or solo, as long as your drumming is clearly audible.
- You may play any style or genre on an acoustic or electric drum set.
Finalist Selection & Evaluation Criteria Our judging panel, all of whom have significant experience performing on drums, will judge all entrants. The final 3 video’s will be judged and 1 will be selected by Nic Petterson from Northlane. Judging will be based on the judges’ personal interpretation of criteria in two areas:
- Performance: 70% of the total score. Includes technique, chops, originality, creativity, groove, and feel.
- Style: 30% of the total score. Includes showmanship, vibe (fit with the music) and personality, crazy wig’s and originality encouraged.
Finalist Announcement Five finalists will be announced on audio-technica.com.au and the Audio-Technica Facebook page on the first week of September 2015. The winner will be chosen the following week and announced on our website and Facebook page. Terms And Conditions If any winner does not comply with the official rules or is ineligible or fails to sign any required documents by the date and time required, then the potential winner will be ineligible. Each prize winner must provide their address. Additionally, all prizewinners are subject to having their video used to further promote the contest. All Prizes are subject to availability. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed, except by the Sponsor who reserve the right in its sole discretion to substitute cash value or another prize it believes is of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable. All Prizes claimed will be awarded. Notification Notification to the winner shall be via email AND phone upon completion of the final voting round. By entering this contest, you agree that the notification methods stated here are sufficient to give you notice in the event that you are a winner of any prize. IF ANY WINNER FAILS TO RESPOND BY AGREEING IN PERSON OR BY TELEPHONE TO ACCEPT HER PRIZES WITHIN FOURTEEN (14) DAYS OF NOTIFICATION, THEN THAT WINNER FORFEITS THE PRIZES AND THE NEXT HIGHEST FINISHER WILL BE CHOSEN.